Masonry fencing is not only a single fencing material. It consists of other materials too. The fencing company Austin will guide you well when you need to learn details about masonry fencing. Some most common materials of masonry fencing are stone, brick, concrete, etc. The materials of masonry fencing are connected through the mortar. It is a prevalent technique all over the world. Although it has many benefits, you will find some limitations too.
Benefits of Masonry Construction
The advantages of masonry fencing are the same for all kinds of materials. They are:
- Masonry is fire-resistant material. So, you can use them for protection against fire. The masonry materials are used not to let the fire come out, even to construct a fireplace.
- There is no chance of rotting or attacking pests as masonry is not such a material. So, the structure remains unchanged till the last.
- Masonry is a reliable material for facing natural disasters like tornadoes, hurricanes, etc.
- The charming rural look gives any building or structure the best appearance. The panorama may vary when you use different materials. If the fencing company can install the fence properly, the appearance will be much more beautiful.
- Masonry is a very durable and robust material. So, any masonry structure can hold up a vast amount of weight.
- More than any other materials, masonry can provide long-lasting facilities.
- If your structure is made from masonry materials, your resale value will increase until you decide to sell it.
- Masonry fencing is more cost-effective than the woods. Besides, the cost of the labor is less than it too.
To provide your fence with the best look, you can always depend on the masonry construction. There are unlimited varieties of masonry materials. You can choose any color and design to give your fence an exclusive look.
Weak Points of Masonry Construction
- All the heavy materials like stone, block, concrete, brick, etc., are included in the masonry materials. You have to use specific vehicles which can transport all these heavy materials. Sometimes they need unique materials to bring those into shape.
- The durability of the masonry depends on the base of the structure. If there are any inconsistencies, definitely there will be problems like cracks. If you don’t repair them, water will enter from the cracks, ultimately leading to massive damage.
- Weather plays a very vital role in creating masonry structures. You cannot start the construction when there is freezing weather or rain. If you keep going on, the mortar will be badly affected.
- To start any masonry construction takes a reasonable amount of time. Without proper planning, you cannot continue such work. In addition, only experts can handle all these tasks.
Some Aspects of Masonry Fence Building
A mortar made from mixing cement, sand, and water is utilized to build a masonry fence. To erect the spans, you have to make a row. For a tall fence, you will need two rows. You can choose only one-color brick or colorful brick too. You can use blocks, bricks, stones, concrete, etc. Typically for residential fencing, masonry is a prevalent name. A large double gate requires to let the vehicle enter your area. The design of the fences is plain too.
Another excellent material of masonry fencing is the natural stone slabs. Their color variations are unique. You can pick any size of the stone, whether round, square, rectangular, etc. So, it depends on your taste to select any color or style. A masonry fence has enough height to give you your desired privacy and protection. But before you start to construct a masonry fence, contact your local authority. You will get the necessary instruction related to the code of your fence construction. It will give your fencing validation too.
A fence installer Austin will help you construct your masonry fence. So, when you select one, select the expert fence installer. It will assure you about the quality of work too. Everybody wants to have a long-lasting and strong fence that will protect them and provide an excellent look!